Friday, June 5, 2009

Getting ready for baby...

We've been wondering how the dog will react to being a big brother...Casey has been spoiled rotten as our "first" baby...he is gentle by nature, but he is definitely not used to sharing the spotlight.

We're slowly trying to show him that the baby is coming soon...letting him explore the nursery, telling him that he's going to be a big brother, exposing him to the carseat both in and out of the car, etc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how he'll react...



I guess the A & W Bear will be a suitable stand in for now...

We're not big decorators. We're simple folk. The nursery is plain. Most of the items that we have purchased so far for the baby have been practical and necessary...until I saw this stuffed toy at the store a couple of weeks ago:


So cute! Who would've thought that a goat with a beard could be so cute! I had to buy the rest of them to keep him company:
One slight problem though...look closely at this particular animal...


A giraffe you may say...and you are correct! But let's look at a major anatomical error though:


Dude...where's his neck? Who makes a giraffe without a long neck? Or ANY signs of a neck? I pray that our child will still be able to identify giraffes one day despite this design fail...

No comments:

Post a Comment