Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Daytime TV rant...

Now that I'm home for the forseeable future, I get to indulge in daytime tv again...just like back in the days when I was just TOCing and didn't necessarily work every day. It's been a while...

I'm not a big soaps person. The only soap that I ever followed was General Hospital...but that was WAAAAYYY back in the day when Antonio Sabato Jr. was still on the show. Way back...

I'm not necessarily watching watching tv all the time either...but I do like having the background noise when I'm on the computer etc.

After only two mornings of being at home with the tv on...I am reminded about how much I can't stand Kelly Ripa and Elisabeth Hasselbeck! (Even as background noise!)

In the words of the great Peter Griffin from Family Guy: they really, "grind my gears!" It's only Day 3 of not working and I'm annoyed already! Yikes! Whether they are over the top crazy or arguing for the sake of arguing...I cannot watch without being annoyed to the point of changing the channel...sigh...am I the only one that feels this way?

TLC has enough baby programming to last most of the morning...but this is not necessarily something I want to watch either! Show after show of women in labour...in pain...delivering babies...yikes! A little too close to home for the time being...

Little glimmers during the day include Ellen, the news broadcasts in the early morning and at noon...and the reruns of ER...but that's about it...

Perhaps it's time to tap into The Office dvd's that my friend has so kindly lent me to pass the time away...

Or maybe the powers that be just want me to sleep as much as I can now before the baby comes...

OR...I can reread the Harry Potter books (AGAIN) in anticipation for the new movie coming out soon...which looks crazy awesome by the way! Check out the trailers at the link below:


Must figure out a way to watch the movie with a newborn in tow... =)

All I know is that poor Casey and I need to keep ourselves occupied in between our walks...and we'd better find something soon or else I'll go nuts! =) Poor Casey wants me to leave him alone too!


It's only Day 3...told you I have some ADD issues... =)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to join the wonderful world of TWILIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have read the Twilight series...haven't taken the plunge yet to watch the movie...I think real life Robert Pattinson ruins the Edward persona...

    Will cave soon... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, but don't let the Twilhards read this. I think a lot of the characters were miscast. C'est la vie.

    PS - The movie is terribly cheesy. So cheesy, I was embarrassed for the cast the whole time I was watching it. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete