I've been off work for over a week now...but I promised my students that I would go to their commencement ceremony if I haven't delivered yet. We weren't sure...but we made it yesterday!
There has been a bit of a trend at my school...people delivering earlier than expected. We had one teacher who delivered the morning after her work baby shower (her last day of school) and another staff member who delivered the day before her work baby shower (during her last week of school). I must say that I was rather nervous...but I made it through both the baby shower at work and my last week of working...phew! What a relief! AND I made it to commencement the week after...even better! =)
After spending a week at home it was nice to see my colleagues and students again. It was great to see the kids cross the stage after all the years of hard work. All of the staff went out for a bite to eat afterwards to wind down...that was pretty cool too.
The husband had to sit through the ceremony with me...somebody had to drive me! =) Poor him having to sit through a ceremony for kids he didn't know you may say...BAH! Don't feel bad for him! I've been to 3 or 4 of his school's grad ceremonies...not to mention countless rugby games that he has coached or played in...my one commencement is a mere drop in the bucket compared to the time I've invested in his activities. Don't feel bad for him...no matter how much he whines...
I do feel bad for hanging out back stage after presenting a couple of scholarships though...
I was hungry and decided to nibble on the fruit platter and the chips and 7 layer dip. Apparently I was gone so long that he wondered whether or not I was going into labour...
To my credit I snuck him a couple of snacks when I finally returned... =)
I was dreading having to sit through a long ceremony...but it lasted just over 2 hours...not bad for a large grad class!
This was my last official school-related function...now it's just a waiting game at home again...soon enough...soon enough...
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment