I often wonder when and why kids develop a fear of Santa Claus...
Is it because he looks scary? Is it fear that is developed because kids sense the anxiety from their parents? Is it stranger danger?
I must admit I have had a not-so-pleasant looking photo with Santa around the age of 1...tears and all...I will try to find it and post it...but for the most part I don't have any other evidence or memory of bad Santa experiences. It's always been fun ever since I can remember...and I have also tried searching for other not-so-happy photos with Santa...but to no avail.
The husband has admitted to shedding some tears around the age of 5 (which we all know probably extended a few years past that...he just won't admit it...)...
Not to mention the countless kids you see at the mall screaming (and I mean screaming...) when approaching Santa....
I am hoping that Baby S will be a friend of Santa...hard to tell with this year...we've only had a Santa photo at the Breakfast with Santa that we attended at the local community centre. We have yet to brave the mall Santa...although that is on the list of things to do before Christmas.
I'm not sure the Breakfast with Santa photo should even count...kid was asleep. He was wired when we got there...proceeded to fall asleep when the festivities began...and then woke up right when I sat down next to Santa...just in time for the photo. See photo series below...
I hope Baby S will not develop a fear of Santa...only time will tell...we will try our best to make it a happy experience for him. Any tips will be greatly appreciated from all of you seasoned veterans out there! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment